Thursday, January 21, 2010

AnticipAsh NAsh

Pronunciation guide - the title of this post is comprised of abbreviations or abreevs, if you will. I noted the phonetic "long A" sound with a capital 'A' in an unexpected place. I don't know how else to explain this. If you don't get it, I can't help you.

Moving on.

So back to my old ways, I see. It's been exactly one month since my last confession--I mean post. A lot has happened in that month and I will summarize it for thee before delving into the meat of this post. So meaty.

In summAsh:

To Tulsa town I went, I went
On winged plane, did fly
The Christmas cheer was gamely spent
The dreary moods did die
I saw this one and I saw that
We hugged, we laughed, we cried
And yet I was a-forced to go
Back to the land of pride (what?)
The New Year was a high affair
I spent it cleaning up
A backed up sewage line downstairs
It smelled like yuck and yuck
This January month has flown
It's been a busy time
I long for warmer weather and
Perchance another clime (-ate. climate, k?)
I've fiddled, and I've tickled chins
I've churched, I've worked, I've slept
Two thousand ten, hi!, here you are
I'm getting all farklempt.

Don't ask for a deeper meaning. There is none. And I'm not farklempt. I just like that expression and it kind of rhymed. If you have any questions regarding my activities over the past month, feel free to ask. I think I summed it up pretty well in that epic poem. Not epic as in long, just epic as in really really really important. Oh, another thing I did this month that didn't make it into the poem - I saw the eye doctor. Got my eyes dilated. That's why I'm wearing funky glasses in the picture above. Roomie K and I went to the eye doctor the same day and both drove around Virginia (is for lovers) looking like loons. I am now sporting funky fresh new glasses and have switched to monthly contacts instead of quarterly. Now if that's not what you wanted to read, I don't know what is!

Alright, here's the meat, the juice, the real 4-1-1. My birthday's in two days. YESSSSS!!! I will be 27 and this is going to be my best year yet. I'm not sure why, but I'm really pumped about being 27. I really like that number. It's a good age, and what better year to be 27 than 2010? I mean, seriously. Be serious about this, peeps. (See? Another abreev.) I'm now in my late 20s, love it, and I'm starting what some people like to call a new decade (they're incorrect) in what I've determined is my golden year. I don't know exactly why it will be golden, but I just anticipate good things. Maybe a new job, Lord willing, maybe a new city (no promises!)...I mean, heck, I might just get an iPhone or something. No, I'm not going to shake on it.

Here's the rub, though. Motivation. MotivAsh. I've mentioned this before. We 20-somethings really have to motivate ourselves to do stuff, or at least I do, and in order to make this year truly golden I'm going to have to do stuff. You know? If I want this year to be truly awesome I'll have to do something about it. Actually go to the gym, actually join a small group at church, actually plan activities on the weekend instead of sleeping till noon...nope, I'd rather sleep.

A new year just brings on all these thoughts. And turning a new age about the same time just doubles those "what ifs" and "what do I want for this year/age" questions. Kind of overwhelming, now that I'm putting it all in writing. Yipes!

So there. As for now, I'm going to celebrate my birthday for days on end. I'm going to keep up the posts in better time than I have been (no promises). I'm going to party like it's 1999.

1 comment:

Laurel J said...

The poem was excellent. Where's the pic of the new goggles? Posties, you.