Thursday, November 4, 2010

Holiday-itis

I have it. I have it baaaaaaaaaaaaad. You know, holiday-itis. You're familiar with senioritis, I'm sure. I've had it three times, to be exact: once in high school, once in college and then again in grad school. It happens and when it does, it hits HARD. Well that's not the only "itis" you can get that makes you antsy for change or antsy for an end to the insanity. I think there's probably winter-itis, project-itis and most definitely Holiday-itis. So here I am, counting down the days until the real holidays hit (ugh, Halloween, ugh) and fidgeting in my chair as I also count down the minutes until I can go home.

Tonight is my last night of Spanish class. This weekend I have to do a bunch of errands and house cleaning stuff. Next weekend I'll be practicing like crazy and keeping busy with stuff (e.g. rehearsals and Cooking Shows and all that jazz [more about that in another post]), the next weekend is Former Roomie K's wedding, and then it's THANKSGIVING! So you see how time will pass quickly? Well, at least how it should pass quickly? Well it's not!

And you know what? More than even the holidays, I just want to go home. I am all kinds of homesick right now. Family and friends, I miss youuuuuuuuuuu! Tulsaaaaaaaa! (To the tone of: Stellaaaaaaaa!) I have nothing more to say now. Just know this: I'm over it! I'm over the non-holidays. Donezo. "Get me back to Tulsa, I'm too young to marryyyyyyyyyyyy..."

1 comment:

Laurel J said...

You know what it isn't any more? The holidays. Posty!